Schladming-Dachtein : 745-2996m, 232 km piste
Schladming-Dachstein Ski Area Facts:
- Altitude : 745 – 2,996 meters.
- Slopes : 232 km
- Lifts: 98, including 2 new 8 man chair-lifts with heated seats! This area now boasts the one of the most modern & efficient lift system in Austria.
- Some of the longest uninterrupted runs in Europe: 7.7 km, almost 5 miles!
- Several World Championship slopes & annual FIS race events.
- Snowmaking : 99% coverage of slopes.
- Night Skiing : Yes
- Glacier Skiing : Yes.
- Glacier Traverse : 25 km
- Freeriding : 18 km – Edelgriess Run from the Dachstein
- Ski Schools : 18 including 11 with Ski Kindergartens & all day childcare
- Mountain Restaurants : Over 40
- Fun Parks : 3. Including the Atomic Superpark, plus the biggest Snowboard School – Blue Tomato, based in Schladming.
- Cross Country Ski Trails : 490 km. Classic – 371 km. Skating – 139 km
- Alpine Ski Trails : 3 of up to 15 km long.
Filzmoos : 1057-1600m, 12km piste
Approximately 15 minutes from door to lift.
Filzmoos offers guests space and snow for skiing fun. Take the 4-seater chairlift up to the Großberg or the Papageno cable car to the Rossbrand before carving down into the valley, right to your hotel door.
Whether you prefer your cross-country the classic way or on skates, on tracks or through the snowy winter forest, up high or in the valley, Filzmoos is also a wonderful place to hone your cross-country skills.
Radstadt / Altenmarkt: 855-1571m, 20km piste
This resort is approximately twenty minutes from door to lift.
This is a great local resort where you can park right outside, step straight on to the lift and enjoy the peace and quiet. The runs are good for beginner to intermediate standards, with uncrowded slopes. There are, again, several good restaurants and the whole place just leaves you with a smile on your face.
Fageralm : 930-1885m, 12km piste
Approximately 20 minutes from door to lift.
Fageralm – a sunny plateau!
There’s ample space on the sunny natural snowy slopes. Wonderful panoramic views to the Dachstein heights enhance the winter fun at Fageralm.
Visit the giant skiing carousel at the highest, most spectacular vantage point (1.885 m) near the Hinterfager mountain station. Explore your surroundings with the FREE telescope and let your mind wander.
Flachau: 827-2000m, 111km piste
This resort is almost exactly 30 mins from door to lift.
When you arrive in the car park, you are greeted by a statue of the Famous Herman Mier better known as the Herminator-this is his home town.
The skiing is extensive in this area and definitely worth a day out. At 2000m the resort links four villages . This resort can be busier than some of the others but definitely worth the trip.
Wargrain : 850-2014m, 35km piste
Approximately 30 minutes from door to lift.
The Wagrain ski area is the mid-point of the Flachau-Wagrain-St. Johann ski alliance. The 3 gondola lifts and the expansive ski runs on the Grafenberg – towards St. Johann – and the Griesskareck, as well as the Wagrainer Höhe – towards Flachau – leave nothing for a winter sports enthusiast’s heart to desire.
Zauchensee / Flachauwinkel: 1000-2188m, 41km piste
Approximately 40 minutes from door to lift.
The ski area Zauchensee is located at the center of the sports world of Salzburg and part of the Skiverbund Amade. Zauchensee has hosted worldchampionships and worldcup races.
Besides snow secure slopes for all levels of ability Zauchensee, located at an altitude of 1.350 m, offers highly modern cable cars and lifts!
Two new 6-passenger chairlifts as well as a new stadium at the finish line of the racing trail have been constructed.